We believe all young people can embrace who they are, can define their future, and can change the world.
To empower, educate, and equip, youth and young adults (18 to 24) involved in the foster care system and/or those who have recently exited foster care, youth and young adults who are housing challenged, have educational challenges, and those youth and young adults who lack viable long-term stable, meaningful contributing employment. Services are not provided in a “cookie cutter” fashion yet specifically tailored to meet the participant where she/he/they are at the point and time of encounter.
Program participants are those who meet the following criteria:
- identify from an ethnic group which is not in the majority in Pima County, Tucson Arizona,
- those that identify in the LGBTAAQI communities of color,
- those that have cognitive and/or physical disabilities from communities of color,
- those youth and young adults that do not have the economic resources for safe viable housing, consistent food resources, and/or the ability to access such services successfully for a sustained period of time,
- single parent/two parent LGTAAQI parents who are youth and/or young adults who have exited the foster care system or other systems of restorative justice.
Our Core Values
Spirituality & Faith
navigation through life acknowledging a connection to a higher power, essence which yields a compass, sail, and anchor for one’s interactions on a consistent basis with all human and our furry companions and Mother Earth. This journey equips one to be of true service to others exemplifying openness, non-judgement, transparency, and being respectful of all our differences and similarities.
having practical and educational experiences that yields insight, direction, and the ability to make more effective choices, decisions and actions which capitalize on the challenges and success of one’s past journey
the ability to find a harmonious flow amongst all the “things” which require and need one’s attention and action on a daily, if not hourly basis
the ability and willingness to step out of what is “known and comfortable” into exploration, inquiry and a true yearning for new ideas, perceptions, and concepts in a proactive, productive fashion
performance of duties, obligations, and expectations in a fair, just, and equitable manner with compassion, heart, collaboration, and an eye towards building for the overall achievement and success of the individual, team, and community
We address the basic life skills resources and counseling services pertaining to:
- Money management, budgeting, consumer education, use of credit
- Parenting skills
- Interpersonal skill-building
- Educational advancement and success
- Job attainment and retention skills
- Mental, physical, spiritual health care
- Individual and/or group counseling and parent/child counseling
(often called Millennial Life skills)
Relationship skills, including:
- Listening and communication skills.
- Knowing how and where to meet other people.
- Resolving conflicts.
- Putting forward your best self on social media.
- Making meaningful connections with others in real life.
- Increasing emotional intelligence and soft skills.
Program participants each have an assigned staff member who provides individual, customized and holistic assistance to support them in accessing, engaging in respective educational, employment and related programs and services so that stability, personal achievement, self-sufficiency, self-determination can equip the participants to achieve his/her/them personal definition of success and accomplishment.